Enjoy a 1-hour Kualoa Ranch movie tour while in Oahu and see where famous films like Pearl Harbor, Jurassic Park and Magnum P.I. were shot. A local guide will lead you to the Hollywood hotspots and provide background on the history of the ranch. You’ll travel by vintage school bus past some of the island’s most stunning natural attractions, like Mokoli’i Island (Chinaman’s Hat), Kaneohe Bay and the Ko’olau Range, mountains which dominate the eastern half of Oahu. See why the top filmmakers in the business chose this stunning background.
Tour the ranch by vintage bus to see filming sites for famous Hollywood movies and TV shows
Snap photos of locations used in Pearl Harbor, 50 First Dates, Lost, Magnum P.I. and Hawaii Five-O
See the sparkling waters of Kaneohe Bay, featured in several scenes from Pirates of the Caribbean 4
Learn the history of the ranch and the area from a knowledgeable local guide
What to expect
Your tour will begin at the 4,000-acre (1,619-hectare) Kualoa Ranch, situated on the northern coast of Oahu. Hop aboard a vintage bus with your guide to explore the expansive cattle ranch.
Hear commentary from your guide about the impressive list of films that have been shot throughout this landscape, such as 50 First Dates, Tears of the Sun and Pearl Harbor, and TV shows like Lost and Hawaii Five-O. See where a dinosaur chase took place in Jurassic Park and take a picture of Godzilla’s giant footprint.
Then, you’re off to Kaneohe Bay, Mokoli’i Island (Chinaman’s Hat) and the stunning mountains of Ko’olau Range, all of which were formed after the Ko’olau volcano erupted over 2.5 million years ago. The sparkling waters of Kaneohe Bay are also where Johnny Depp sailed aboard Queen Anne’s Revenge in Pirates of the Caribbean 4. Soak up the stunning views as you pass the iconic green backdrop of Ko’olau Range.
At the end of your tour, your guide will bring you back to your original departure point at the ranch.
Stop At: Kualoa Ranch
Journey through the beauty and tranquility of this special place while on our Hawaiian eco-tours and activities through many of the sites made famous by the many Hollywood movies and television shows filmed on the property.
Free Pass By: Kane’ohe Bay
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Storage lockers are available to rent with a $5 deposit for all day use
- Tour is wheelchair accessible upon availability with advance notice. Must call Kualoa Ranch directly at least a week prior to tour to confirm.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Required check in at Kualoa Ranch Ticket Office is 30 minutes prior to tour departure time. Most travelers can participate
- Kualoa Ranch has now implemented new COVID-19 required guest policies to help protect Kualoa’s guests, staff, and local community.
During your visit at Kualoa Ranch, all guests will need to follow these guidelines:
- All guests will be required to wear a face covering (i.e. mask, bandana, neck gaiter) while on the property (including during tours).
- All guests are advised to follow social distancing guidelines on the property, working to keep 6ft. away from others when possible.
- All guests will need to pass a mandatory temperature check & health screen at the ranch entrance to be allowed on the property (any temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher and/or those experiencing symptoms will not be allowed on the property at this time)
- All guests must provide first & last name, email address, and phone number of all individuals in their party to assist with contact tracing.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers